Our Little Miss is a natural pageant system and there are specific rules to follow with regard to clothing. There are also tips in this section with regard to what judges tend to look for in clothing and outfits. If you should ever have any questions or need guidance, you can reach out to your preliminary organizer or contact us!
* Body glitter or hair glitter is not allowed in any stage of competition.
* Spray tanning application will not be permitted during the duration of the competition; this includes early bird days. This will be cause for disqualification if done during the event.
* Contestants ages 0-12 years are not allowed to wear fake nail tips (hands or toes) during any phase of competition. You must be at least 13 years of age and competing in the Ideal Miss group, to wear artificial nails. This includes a French manicure. Polish for La Petites through age 12 should be clear or a very pale pastel. No nail polish is allowed on Baby Petites of any age. An infraction will be given as a warning for the first offense.
* Shoe heel requirements: Ages 0-9 no taller than 1.5”
* Contestants ages 13 & up cannot have any outfits with the back going lower than their waist line.
* Sexy overdone clothing is not acceptable.
* Expensive designer clothing is not necessary.
* Failure to follow clothing guidelines can cost the contestant to be awarded any of the top 4 titles and where applicable a Top Ten Placement.
* NO competition clothing with cut out sides or open midriffs.
* NO Midriffs are permitted to show in any outfit for all age groups.
* NO extremely low necklines in any phase of competition.
* NO disrobing or garment removal in any phase of competition.
* NO visual drawings on the body are allowed (i.e. tattoos) these must be covered!
* NO excessive or extremely large earrings on younger children on stage or in photos.
* NO extremely tight fitting gowns on older contestants.
* Our Little Miss is a Non-Glitz pageant!! However, jewels, sequins, pearls etc. can be worn on Party Dress and Evening Gowns. We ask that the adornment be conservative and allow the child to shine first…not the dress!
* Shoes worn for Playtime/Team OLM should be tennis style shoes and must be white or light in color!!
* Wigs/falls/hairpieces - Fake hair is allowed for medical reasons. A note from a licensed physician is required. Fake hair is allowed for talent presentations. No fake hair is allowed in party dress, sportswear, interview, pro-am competition or at any casual time while on the host hotel premises. This is a violation.
* False teeth are only allowed for medical reasons. This is a normal growth process and braces and loss of teeth will not be counted against any delegate. Flippers (retainer based teeth to cover normal childhood tooth loss) are not allowed. This is a violation.
* Coaching - Baby Petites: Simple coaching from the parent/guardian on stage is allowed but must not be overheard by the audience/judges. Encouraging the baby petite to wave, smile or turn is acceptable but winks, blowing kisses and dancing are not. No coaching off stage by anyone, including during the La Petite competition. Coaching from behind or beside the judges table is not allowed. You will be asked to stop immediately. All of the above will be considered an infraction for the first offense and will be quickly stopped. Failure to stop will cause delegate to receive a violation.